Friday, May 29, 2009

We got one! WARNING: Gross picture


I talked to the MSU Extension office in Oakland County yesterday to see if there was any better way to get rid of voles than just using mouse traps like we did last year.  Unfortunately the woman I talked to told me that the traps were probably our best bet unless we want to use poison.  Poison in my vegetable garden???  I don't think so!  So Paul and I baited 5 traps with peanut butter and set them around all of the holes in the garden last night.  (when I say Paul and I - I mean Paul.  :)  After snapping my thumb in a trap last year, I'm scared to death of the things - so I just supervised.)  When I got up this morning and checked, ALL of the traps were sprung....


...And we'd only caught one.  GROSS!!!


I left this ugly little guy for Paul to deal with.  Husbands are so great!  We're going to keep resetting the traps and replacing the ones that succeed every day until we stop catching anything.  I think I'm also going to try spreading some of Mia's shed fur around out there so they think that there's predators around.  Hopefully this will work - I'm sick of them eating/killing my plants!

No comments: