Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cuteness, flowers, and more socks

Isn't this the cutest picture ever??  :)  Mia's supervising as I put away laundry.  She likes being involved in anything that's going on.  :)

The irises that I got from my mom's garden are finally blooming.  They're so pretty!  :)  There's another color - a lighter purple.  I wonder if any of them will bloom this year.



And here's the socks I'm currently working on.  My first project with cables!  I have no idea why I was afraid of cables for so long - they're actually very easy!!  One sock is done and I'm just starting the heel flap on the other.  They're a wool/silk blend that's super soft and cozy.  The color is more of a bright fuscia than this picture shows - I guess my cell phone doesn't take the BEST pictures ever.  :)  I'll get some better pictures with my real digital camera when I'm done with the second sock.  My next project will be another pair of socks out of the same yarn, but in a plum color.  Any suggestions for a nice worsted weight sock pattern for me to try?

No comments: